Thursday, May 07, 2009

The day when i handed in 40 credits.

Surprisingly, with only 4 .5hours sleep, i managed to wake up early as i planned and i was actually 'very awake' (maybe is just over stress).

I did my final checks and modification on my report until 11 something. Guess what happened? I spent almost 4hours just to get my reports ready for binding. How sad~~~T_T

Quite an unlucky day actually. I realised that the two sets of report wasn't printed as it shown in the computer. All formatting works gone crazy after i clicked print. It's crazy that there was big spacing in between,figures and tables were cut off into different pages, not only that, even the number of pages in the table of contents all become 22222222222222222222222222222 or 55555555555555555555.............................................................................
speechless....i tried open and close N times, go internet to find solution, tried on different computer and the answer is 'these' don't help at all. I went to asked the librarian about what happened, she just told me it could be the page setup, and she doesn't seem to be helpful in this.

After endless trying, i went to find another librarian, he is even 'smart' that he said i have sent too many documents to printer and this leads to problem in printing. But, i know it wasn't, I told him, he don't believe me, but he go ahead and delete all the printers in that computer. At the end, the computer became not connected to any printers. OMG!!!!Don't act like you know when you have no clues on what's happening. But, I have to say thanks for you trying to help me. :)

I wasn't patient enough to wait for the IT man to come back from his lunch, so I decided to go to Cripps computer lab. As i walk out from library, I was still very stubborn and don't want to give up, so i tried the computers in another lab. And, guess what??I manage to solve it myself at the end!!!!By changing one of the figure references that making everything gone crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!including me !

I was worried that I might not have enough time to get everything done and hand in at same day as Student Union said they need 2 hours for binding. But, i managed to do everything as i wished la.

I walk and ran a lot today. My journey was like this : QMC-SU-home-SU-QMC within 1.5 hours.

Anyway, I have handed in the 40 credits report! I was so happy that the thing which have been torturing me for almost 2 months had over. It's over, so as my university life.

I am having gastric pain now, its probably because i drank coffee this morning and skipped lunch due to the problems i have encountered when printing out my report.

Supposed to be very tiring now, but i still can't really sleep. Whenever i am overstress, i can't feel the tireness.

I am off to cambridge tomorrow for house hunting. Finally can go somewhere else other than sitting in front of computer until backpain and neckache. Hopefully, there is something fruitful from this trip which costs me 37.50 pounds.

No comments: